October means gloomy autumn evenings. The weather is getting colder and Christmas is getting closer. Even though it is yet too early to really embrace the Christmas spirit, it is the best time to start ordering Christmas presents – especially if you want to order them from China, the US, or other far away country. Here are five reasons why right now is the best time to start buying Christmas presents from foreign or local e-shops.
- Your parcel will arrive on time
Parcel volumes are multiplying annually, so the delivery times from e-shops all over the world can be prolonged. Make your contribution and order the parcel in a timely manner – this way, you can avoid the stress related to higher parcel volumes during Christmas.
- You will have time to come up with the best gift ideas
A present made in a hurry is not nearly as good as a well-thought-out present. Luckily, thanks to e-commerce people have more options and a wider product range for finding the best present. If you want to surprise your close ones, take your time and think what would truly make them happy and order them in time. Thanks to web stores and international delivery, the whole world is in your grasp.
- Be financially smart
In December, people spend more than usual. If you start ordering your Christmas presents in October, you will not have to spend as much on them in December. Allocate your Christmas costs over the next three months. If you take your time and do your research, you are likely to find cheaper presents from e-shops. Be sure to keep an eye on shopping holidays such as 11.11, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday – you might find a bargain.
- Familiarise yourself with Omniva’s recommendations on making sure your parcel will arrive in time
Omniva has many tips which will help you in ordering shipments.
- Order your Christmas presents in a timely manner – delivery times differ in logistics and postal companies around the world.
- Read through the delivery terms – free shipping usually means that your shipment will not be delivered as quickly as with a paid courier service. Consider the maximum possible delivery times of the shop. For example, the online shop AliExpress guarantees that your shipments will be delivered in two months. If they are not delivered in two months, you will get your money back or they will resend the ordered item. Usually the delivery is still a lot quicker than that but if you want to be sure, we recommend that you order your Christmas presents from AliExpress by the end of October.
- Pay attention to return policies in case you wish to return an item.
- Make sure that the ordered item is not included in the list of prohibited or special-condition shipments. The list is available HERE.
- Check out the terms and conditions of the customs process and any additional fees. If the shipment exceeds the duty-free limit, you must pay import taxes. Customs information is available HERE.
- Choose the appropriate delivery method. NB! Omniva offers the possibility of ordering shipments (for example, from AliExpress) to our convenient parcel machines for free. The guide (in Estonian) is available HERE.
- Your Christmas will be calm and stress-free
After all, the most important thing is that your Christmas will be stress-free. However, gift-shopping – especially if you are in a hurry – causes a lot of stress. To avoid panic before Christmas, start preparing in a timely manner. Why not start ordering your Christmas presents already today?
Omniva wishes everyone happy shopping and a peaceful mind!